These are links I should follow up. They are copied from http://climateprogress.org
Heat-trapping greenhouse gases are at unprecedented levels, and the paleoclimate record suggests that even slightly higher levels are untenable:
- World carbon dioxide levels jump 2.3 ppm in 2008 — highest in probably 20 million years
- Science: CO2 levels haven’t been this high for 15 million years, when it was 5° to 10°F warmer and seas were 75 to 120 feet higher — “We have shown that this dramatic rise in sea level is associated with an increase in CO2 levels of about 100 ppm.”
- An Introduction to Climate Progress
- Introduction to climate economics: Why even strong climate action has such a low total cost — one tenth of a penny on the dollar
- An introduction to the core climate solutions
- Debunking Breakthrough Institute’s attacks on Obama, Gore, Waxman, top climate scientists, progressives, and environmentalists
- Bloomberg interview of Dubner and Caldeira backs up my reporting on error-riddled Superfreakonomics. Dubner is baffled that Caldeira ‘doesn’t believe geoengineering can work without cutting emissions.’
- The U.S. House of Representatives approves landmark (bipartisan!) climate bill, 219 – 212. Waxman-Markey would complete America’s transition to a clean energy economy, which started with the stimulus bill.
- How the world can (and will) stabilize at 350 to 450 ppm: The full global warming solution
- Is the global economy a Ponzi scheme?
- An introduction to global warming impacts: Hell and High Water
- The report, a draft of the Fifth U.S. Climate Action Report that will be sent to the United Nations, says bluntly: “Global warming is unequivocal and primarily human-induced … Global temperature has increased over the past 50 years. This observed increase is due primarily to human-induced emissions of heat-trapping gases.”